musings on travel, international living, development aid, politics, turkey (the country more than the meat) and anything else that comes to mind...

Thursday, May 3, 2012

From Turkey: The Only Good Reason to Get to the Airport Early

The only good reason to get to the airport early turns out to be the Turkish Airlines lounge in Istanbul. I'd expect to see something like this is Dubai or Singapore... but Istanbul? My people have certainly come up in this world! Full support.Movie theater. iMac computer stations with printers. Fresh pide station. Bathrooms that would make most hotels blush. Efes Pilsen. Some sort of children's room from which I immediately distanced myself. Library with pool table. Flat screen tvs everywhere. Did I mention the pide?

I have no clue why I am showing up as Star Alliance Gold on THY's computer system (because according to United I'm just a lowly Silver member), but you won't catch me (or Lauren) complaining. Now if only this translated into upgrades for our bazillion hour flight to Mumbai...

We're off to the subcontinent! (Although unfortunately that means we have to leave the lounge...)