- The women in these movies are stunningly beautiful, akin to porcelain dolls, albeit surprisingly similar in appearance to one another.
- Every movie made before I was born seems to have been a musical, something distinctively lacking in today's flicks. Now I know where Bollywood got the idea.
- British accents were synonymous with sophistication even in the days of yore.
- Butt chins were acceptable and made the manly men even manlier.
- Horses featured prominently in every movie.
- Kissing sequences never lasted less than 5 minutes, were always accompanied by sweeping strings, and rarely involved anything other than the actor/actress locking lips at extremely awkward neck angles for excruciatingly long amounts of time.
- "Special effects" are almost more special when you realize that they were accomplished before the advent of computers.
- Any given group of Native Americans ("Indians") had vocabularies eerily similar to a pack of hyenas.
- Did life exist before computers?
Anyone care to join?